Sunday 28 June 2009

Cry Laughing

Question: What do you do with a whole bunch of photos that were taken at the wrong end of the day in really poor lighting right there in front of the spag bol cooking on the stove?
Answer: You pick the best of the bad lot and print them small (you can't notice how blurry they are then) and do a layout.


Every time I look at these photos I get a smile on my face. Renae and I really did cry laughing while we were taking these selfies together the other day.

This was a "no-agonising" layout just for fun to recreate the fun Nae and I had. I have a Mont Marte 12"x12" art book which I use as my drop sheets when I am spraying, masking, painting and things like that. I love the things that happen on those sheets as a result of some other art work I am creating. Dina Wakley, of whom I am a great fan, uses those same bits of paper (not mine, but hers of the same kind) in her art journaling and on layouts, so I thought I would give it a go.

I also used Bazzill, 3 Bugs in a Rug PP, Basic Grey pp scrap and Alphabet Stickers rubbed over with some Grape VersaCube ink, a Sharpie, some KaiserScrapbook Rhinestones, Making Memories Colored Staples, and the Stampin Up Spiral punch.

Also...
Somewhere, in the last week... now where was it?... I saw some challenges involving contrasting colours. Oh yes. I remember!!! The Hero Club Blog. I get a little bit of inspiration from The Hero Club Blog and the inspiration this time was the contrasting colours thing - purple and yellow. Just thought I'd tell you that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You always do have a good time.