Sunday 12 July 2009

Left- or right-brained?

I don't know - I think I'm straight down the middle.
Why do I ask?
Well Dina asked the question...
When you choose an image, do you consciously think of what it means to you, or do
you just choose it by instinct or impulse?
...and I think it is both!!!
Maybe my instinct or impulse influences my consciousness!
And then I got to wondering if this has to do with left-brained or right-brained stuff.
Maybe it has nothing to do with sides of brain.
Maybe it has a lot to do with OCD?
Maybe not.

Hennyway.

Teal is my colour of the moment. Did I tell you that already?


Then I picked the colour that I liked the 'feeling' of as my collage bit.

The figure I have used quite a lot on my art journal pages lately, is me! Well, actually, it's not really me but it represents me.
And when I use it as a mask on a book I am fussy about what words are shown on the page. Cos I wouldn't want them to say something that I didn't want them to say. Not that any of you read them, eh?!


So here's a journal page.


The journaling is about being happy about my weightloss. You don't need to be able to read it :)

The red touch just does it for me.

So really, I've mixed up a bit of van Gogh and Picasso and you'd know what I was talking about if you were doing "Masterful" Art Journaling with Dina Wakley. :) And I've mixed up my instincts and impulses with my conscious decisions.

Left- or right-brained?
Whatever!

1 comment:

Fonda said...

I love everything about your page. Congrats on weight loss!