Sunday 1 August 2010

Free Time

I did a little bit of scrapbooking. It only took me a week! And it wasn't in my free time!


I've started taking my camera with me more often nowadays. And I took my phat lens with me as well. It's not that crash hot for moving subjects but it is certainly great for low light. I made the most of it.

The kids, along with other homeschoolers, do gymnastics at Australian Academy of Gymnastics at Belmore. What a grand name, eh? It's a grand building (you can look it up and check it out on Google Maps Street View) and very much like Armidale Town Hall inside, except that it is decked out with foam mats, trampoline and gymnastics equipment. You can get an idea of what it looks like in the photo on this page.
Hennyway. Reuben is prepared to endure all sorts of bending and stretching so that he can enjoy the thrill of jumping off the stage, or off the pillar, into the foam pit in free time.
And I managed to capture this happening adequately.
So there you go.

I am continually inspired by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and I particularly like how she paints her titles onto her pages - like this one (I can't find the one I'm thinking of) and decided to loosen up my layout just a little by doing the same. 'twas fun. And easy.


:D

P.S. I don't think Reuben is prepared to endure the pain of a broken foot (which he may or may not have) so he won't be doing this for a few weeks until his foot is better :(

No comments: