How to have an impromptu pink party...
1. Get the pink balloons left over from a Girls' Night In
2. Get your friend (Janelle) to buy some pink serviettes.
3. Get another friend (Nae)to buy some party poppers (but then she didn't have to because I went shopping)
4. Make a cake and ice it with failsafe pink (beetroot juice) icing. We also had not-failsafe fruit salad with pomegranate juice in it.
5. Get your kids to blow up balloons and fold serviettes. Note: Before having a balloon fest, find out if anyone in the house suffers with the uncommon fear of balloons - not mentioning any names Nae and Jessica. Tell kids to go easy on the balloons!
Put it all together with pink presents and pink cards and Ta Dah!!!!
I was born at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Mum told me that this afternoon at 3 o'clock so I looked up to see what the time was in Aden and it was only 7 o'clock in the morning. At 3pm today in Aden it was, so I am told, a pleasantly warm 26 degrees Celcius - not bad for a winter's day.
Now I am off to bed before I turn into a pumpkin!
Oh! I forgot to say... I had 46 candles on my cake and when the kids blew them out Sophie-Lee mentioned the smoke alarm. Everyone ran to open a window or door before we were deafened by the sound of the smoke alarm! We decided to take the party poppers outside.
And... We set the camera up on a cushion on a chair at the end of the table with the self timer on - 'tworked beautifully.