Thursday, 7 April 2011


Low iron - In February I wasn't allowed to give blood because my haemoglobin was low. This is what God used to get me to the doctor and what has launched me into a completely new phase of life dealing with my thyroid.

What I have been researching and thinking about.
Celiac disease
Living without wheat/gluten (like, REALLY living without it) and what is there to eat?
Making rice bread (NOT cake!)
GOPAN bread making machine

I'd already been looking at...

Mercury poisoning
Other poisonings
Amalgam removal
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity - this is THE most helpful site for understanding MCS and people who suffer with it. It's worth a read - every page.
House plants to reduce toxins

From failsafe Newsletter
Q: Do you have come any suggestions to get rid of the smell of new furniture (a wooden wardrobe for my very food and chemically sensitive 3 yo daughter??

A: there are a number of options.
· Ventilation, the more the better, may help – e.g. windows open with a fan is a good idea, or you could put the wardrobe outside on a sunny, dry day.
· An air purifier - good ones are not cheap, e.g InovaAir E20, see review
· You are probably aware that flat pack furniture from China can have appallingly high formaldehyde emissions (Cheap Chinese furniture 'may poison you' If that’s what you have, my advice (based on experience) would be to get rid of it and buy a new one. Home renovator forums say that the best way to avoid VOC emissions in board products (furniture, kitchens, bathrooms etc) is to buy at IKEA because they abide by the strictest European standards for VOC emissions (Australia has more relaxed ‘voluntary’ standards). For more information on VOCs in homes, see
· If you already have an IKEA wardrobe, formaldehyde is not an issue there is another possibility - it could be the natural smell of the wood that bothers you. Being a plant product, some trees (and their timber products) contain more salicylates than others, e.g. camphor and sandalwood are the most obvious. These will gas off over time, or you can hasten the process by using an ozone generator in the same room as the open wardrobe. Powerful ozone generators – we use a RainbowAir on our roadshows - can do the job in a short time such as half an hour, but should not be used when people are in the room as they can aggravate breathing problems for asthmatics. They work very well for cleaning and deodorising the air in a room.

Congratulations (or commiserations) if you got all the way to here.

PS Watch out for some creative relief - I know I need it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see your creation and to have you back blogging.