Sunday 25 May 2008

Why the purple gloves?

For many many years now, I have worn gloves to do just about everything. It all started when I used to get splits on the ends of my fingers and thumbs and under my nails - very painful and best avoided if one knows how.

I started off by wearing rubber gloves to do the washing up. Later on, in a period of my life when I suffered a tad with OCD, I wore rubber gloves to protect my hands from germs.

I have now progressed. I wear latex-free gloves (I worked out that rubber makes me sneeze and my face itchy) mostly for the convenience of not getting my hands dirty. When the phone rings, or one of the kids needs a hand (or hug) I can just whip off the gloves and deal with the situation at hand :)

I wear my purple gloves for washing up, wiping down the kitchen, anything that involves water, chopping up meat, chopping up choko (can't stand the feel of that stuff even though it is good to eat), emptying the soaking bucket, washing the car, cleaning the barbecue, gardening, vacuuming and dusting. There's probably more but I can't think of them at the moment. Oh yes! Painting. I also wear the disposable latex-free gloves while I am scrapbooking for inking and painting and other things that might get my hands dirty!

Anyway. The Weekend Workout challenge at Scrapapple is called "Two's A Pair". I have been wanting to do a layout about me wearing 'rubber' gloves for a while, having been inspired by Nic Howard's book "That's Life". So here it is - two gloves, two strips of paper, two ribbons, two jewel brads.



Products: Bazzill; Making Memories Ribbon Damask Pewter Heritage Collection; Ribbon from Scrapapple; Bella Jewel Bradz; Uniball Gel Grip Pen; Derwent Inktense.

PS A very special thank you to DH for taking the photo, cropping and adjusting and printing it out. 'twas very, very helpful. :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, Diane... you remind me of Willy Wonka in the new movie ;) That scene where he meets his Dad for the first time in years...