Wednesday 30 April 2008

The Height of Preparation

We've been doing some painting in our house and one of the last places to be painted was the laundry. That is significant because the laundry houses (well it did) one special wall that has 10 years' worth of height records for 13 people!

Even though I knew we were going to paint the laundry, I still was not prepared for the actual moment when DH said "Quick! What are you going to do with this wall?"

I grabbed my camera, took a few snappy shots and started thinking about how I would do a layout about it. DH happily painted over the wall in undercoat and I sat with 4 relatively useless photos and regretted that I didn't take a better record of our height records. Oh well! What's done is done. On a different day I might have cried about it.

So I promptly measured the kids (those still left at home, that is) and did this layout - a record of the height height chart we once had and the height of the kids for one moment in time.


Products:Making Memories White Stripe; Reeves paint; my stamp that I made for an Aussie Dare: 7gypsies stamp; Felt; Love You More brads; Prima Got Flowers; Marbig note paper; Dymo; Zig Millennium Pen; Random Ric Rac; Date Stamp. I got the idea of using Dymo over the top of lined area from Peg.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love the Dymo :)

How brave are you for painting your wall! What an amazing piece of history. You did it proud with your beautiful page.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the layout Diane. We have a simular door at my Mum and Dad's - and yes it is in the laundry, the back of the Laundry door. We have measured many including pets :)

Craft and Scrap said...

gorgeous gorgeous LO!! We had a similar thing in our house too and when renovating - I have 5 kids and our measurements are on a door jamb - we kept the whole jamb and its used in a linen press now (which is obviously easier than a whole wall)! :)