Thursday 15 January 2009

Creative Therapy

Creative therapy is what I have been doing and I have been inspired by Creative Therapy. This is the first time I have used one of their catalysts.

Catalyst Forty-Four: What’s something about the way you live your life that doesn’t align with who you are (or wish you were)?

So, I peeled my hand off the mouse and dragged my body a.w.a.y from the computer and lugged it over to my art room. I had to do it. I had to do some art. This was last night. I did have to make a couple of trips back to the 'puter to print a photo and look up the catalyst - again - which I could not remember for the life of me!

Anyway... The result is this...



So, what's it about? Not telling! Suffice it to say that I need to align myself to those things that I say are important to me.

I was inspired by this by Danielle Quarmby, this by Sarah Gladman which I found on Aussie Scrapjack, the 18 Years layout in this post by Dina Wakley, and this which, as far as I can tell, is Tamar Bostock's rendition for Emily Falconbridge's 52Q.

Funny how the background page from my Art Journal that I felt most like using was pink. I had great fun using up more of my rub-ons. There are rub-ons and there are rub-ons. The Prima Watercolor Fantasy rub-ons went on like butter - mmmmmm! In fact Prima featured quite a bit on this page - love their flowers and also their crystals. I also used Fancy Pants rub-ons (also like butter) and Basic Grey rub-ons which were NOT like butter (unless it is the refrigerated butter that one tries to spread on fresh bread.) And I used KAISERscrapbook Rhinestones (which need replenishing) and some pearls, and some sequins. Is that all?

The font for 'align' is fontdinerdotcom. I can't remember where I got it from but it was free. It is one of my favourite fonts. I like to give a hand touch by tracing the print onto the page and then going over it with pen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is stunning!