Saturday 3 January 2009

One Word

My word for last year was thankful.

Philippians 4:5-7 (New International Version)
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

In the ups and downs of 2008 there was much for which to be thankful and, generally, I was. Oh, it is easy to be thankful when everything is going my way. When everything is beautiful and good and pleasant and sweet. But being thankful when things are not going my way - that's the hard one. I am still learning to trust God in every circumstance of my life and thank Him for His goodness, grace and mercy.

Okay. On to my word for 2009.

Sensitive


Firstly, I want to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit - to be led by the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16-26) and have the mind of Christ (I Corinthians 2:6-16).
Flowing from that, I want to be sensitive to others (Philippians 2:1-11) Sensitive to their needs - emotionally, physically, spiritually.

I'll work on these thoughts and develop them for a while. It's interesting, because I am already VERY sensitive to so many things - chemicals, smells, sounds, tactile things. I want to develop a spiritual sensitivity that is equal to my physical and emotional sensitivity. I realise that this could be a painful thing, but here goes...

1 comment:

lusi said...

Love your word mate! Mine is 'NEW'. Our kids have just memorised Philippians 4: 4-7 so it was really amazing to see those verses posted here (out of all the ones that it could have been from the Bible!). God bless you mate in 2009. We so have to catch up one of these days!
Love Lus x