Tuesday 16 February 2010

Australia Day 2010


I'm not sure that you are seeing the same colours as me. The background is a creamy yellow with lemon zest glimmermist sprayed across the middle. I had fun making the diamonds and cutting out my little map of Australia.


I'm so glad we could use our pool on Australia Day. Only the week before it looked like this.



And only 2 days before it had a scummy froth on top that looked like this.



With the installation of a reconditioned pump, the application of lots of chemicals and a few hours' worth of man-power from DH the pool was good to go for our Australia Day party.

This Australia Day, more than any others, was a time when I wanted to do things typically Australian. Don't know why. Sophie-Lee wanted to have a party so we invited family and friends over to hang out, listen to music, play games, swim and have a barbecue. The weather was good enough, the company was great and we had a bonzer Australia Day.

I have to admit that I have been inspired by Ania DÄ…browska and her blog and even though it is not particularly the same this is where I started.

No comments: