Tuesday 10 March 2009

Today...

More Art journaling.

Here are a couple of pages I did with my swan motif. I really liked the swan as a black swan which was my original aim. If I use the mask I get a white swan (like this) but if I use the stencil I get a black swan.



I didn't know there was such a thing as a black swan until I was 9 years old and living in Australia. I still clearly remember seeing black swans for the first time although I can't remember where I was - somewhere in Perth/Fremantle. It could very possibly have been at Bibra Lake.



Hennyway. I did two pages with not too many layers. On the first I used the swan motif stencil and on the second I actually stuck the swan mask onto the page - cos I like it so much.


The journaling is Hebrews 3.13 which says, But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. And is written in various places on the page in white gel pen.


The one with Today in the texture is a cyber-gift for Janelle until she receives it IRL. Janelle is a bonzer encourager. :)

2 comments:

Nan said...

I really like your swan motif...it reminded me i have a partially done swam project from LONG ago that i would like to finish! Isn't AJ 102 fun ?

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I linked to your blog from the Art Journalling class because I have really enjoyed the work you have posted in the gallery. Your layering page is fabulous.
KellyV