Monday 27 April 2009

We Remember

ANZAC Day.


We often see part of Laurence Binyon's poem For The Fallen and it made me wonder what the rest of the poem was like. The whole poem is beautiful and the third stanza is particularly poignant, I reckon.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;
They fell with their faces to the foe.
Last year our family read A Rose For The Anzac Boys by Jackie French. It certainly helped all of us to get a little bit of an insight into the whole Gallipoli story. It's a great read and just right for the kids.

This year we didn't do much but we did remember and we did cook Anzac Biscuits. Yum! We don't bake biscuits very often. Do you know why? Cos I like them.

Hennyway. In my efforts to reduce washing up I managed to reduce the size of the Golden Syrup container!!!

And Sophie-Lee... She wanted an Anzac biscuit but could only have one if she posed for a photo. There's a biccie in her mouth and a quick pose. Good job I didn't blink or I would've missed it.

No comments: