Sunday 31 August 2008

Exquisite Eagle

The challenge at The Boxx this week is to do a layout with no people in it. It just so happened that I had already decided to do a layout about a lovely carved shell I now have in my possession - I want to have an account of the special things in my life so that there is a record for future generations.

Not only that but I had been inspired by the colour theme on My Page at The Boxx. It's called Icecream - I bet it is Neapolitan!



Icecream inspiration, no people, clean and simple and this is what I came up with.


My Dad spent a small amount of time in Aden while he was in the RAF. During that time I was born :) In about 1962 Dad and Mum bought this beautifully handcrafted shell for a few shillings. The workmanship is exquisite yet it was sold for a pittance in the Arab markets.

The back of the mother of pearl shell is carved with the craftsman's name, in Arabic, I presume.



Products: Bazzill; Fontwerks and Making Memories pp; Fiskars threading water punch; scalloped decorative scissors; ribbon, tempus sans font.


No comments: